Source code: GitHub
Current version: v0.7.1
Note: this project is discontinued, and will likely no longer receive support or updates.
World Portal is a really useful and simple to use plugin to make portals in your server. Players could use the portals to teleport to another location or even to another world. This is also really useful when you have a large server so players could go to other places them self really easy. With World Portal you could even generate and teleport to other worlds, very smootly with no problems. You could make portals using, buttons, pressure plates, switches and even more. World Portal is the ultimate solution for portals, and even for multi world mangement.
This video was made by gotgot1995. Please notice that this is an out-dated version of world portal but works almost the same as shown in the video.
The video above was made by ThermalM16 which gives a great example of World Portal usage.
This video was made by VerioHD.
- Teleport to other locations and world with signs, pressure plates, buttons and more
- Easily create portals using a single command
- Generate new worlds
- Portal break protection
- Forces chunks to load when a player teleports to it
- Multiworld support
- Permissions Support
- And even a lot more!
- Mark a place and give it a name so you could easily link portals to it.
- Payment system for the portals so the user needs to pay to go through the portal (optional for every portal!)
- Easily link two portals to each other
- Add a optional delay to the portals to teleport after 3 seconds for example.
- Command to create a new world.
- Create portals of detector rails, so players could be teleported when they are riding in a minecart on a track.
- The optional ability to show a message in the world where the player was teleported to that that player has joined that world.
- The optional option that mobs could teleport through portals (using pressure plates for example)
- World Portal v0.7.1 (dropbox.com, direct link)
- World Portal v0.7.1 (mediafire.com, direct link)
- Older downloads (on old website)
- Download the plugin
- Add the
WorldPortal.jarfile and the folder
World Portalfrom the downloaded
.zipfile to the
/pluginfolder of the Minecraft server. Also add the files inside the World Portal folder to the
- Add the permission lines if you have a permissions system; (Look at the permissions paragraph blow)
- Start your server, and create your portals!
World Portal commands can be invoked by typing
/wp in the
|Create a World Portal|
|Disable creation mode|
|Remove World Portals|
|Disable remove mode|
|Teleport to another location/world|
|Get your status|
|Save all World Portals|
|Reload the plugin|
|Get plugin info|
Portal Portal supports the following permissions:
|Teleport through World Portals||All|
|Create World Portals||OPs|
|Remove World Portals||OPs|
|Save World Portals||OPs|
|Reload World Portals||OPs|
|Object name||Object ID||Trigger action|
Because I like programming and I want to share my code so other developers could fix an issue directly if they found a problem for example, I share the source code of my project. It's available on GitHub.
Version 0.2.6 (3-10-2012)
- World Portal will now auto generate it's config files if they don't exist.
CraftBukkitAPI has been updated
PermissionsExAPI has been updated
- Some other minor bug fixes.
View all the changes here (old website)
Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins and host the website, I would really like it if you give an donation and I probably put you on the sponsor list :-)
Please comment and ask on the official Bukkit forums, if you have a question you can also contact me; World Portal page on dev.bukkit.org.